When I looked at my stats for this site, I find many of my Gulf visitors are searching for Lekshmi Nair's magic oven recipes. Hence, I am trying to include some of Laxmi Nair's recipes to this site. Hope all of you find it useful. If anybody needs any recipe in particular from Magic Oven, I can put it up on this site, if requested, provided I have it with me.
- 1 kg. chicken cut into big pieces
- 1 tblsp. ginger paste
- 1 tblsp. garlic paste
- 1 tblsp. soya sauce
- 1 tblsp. tomato sauce
- 1 tblsp. chilli sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper powder
- salt as per requirement
- 1 1/2 cup water
Ingredients for batter:
- 1 1/2 cup maida (cake flour, all purpose flour)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
- 2 cups water
- salt as per taste
- Bread crumbs as per requirement
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 tblsp. cornflour
- Cook the washed chicken pieces along with ginger paste, garlic paste, soya sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, black pepper powder, salt and water (adjust the water in this era of frozen chickens).
- Drain the cooked chicken pieces and keep it aside. Keep the liquid separate.
- Make a batter with maida, egg, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, salt and water. The batter should not be too thick or thin.
- Dip the cooked chicken pieces in this batter and then roll it in bread crumbs.
- Fry the rolled chicken in hot oil and remove when they are of a golden colour.
- Now boil the liquid, which was removed earlier. Add the cornflour mixed with 1/4 cup water to this liquid and mix.
- Remove this brown sauce when it starts to thicken. (You may add one big spoon butter to the sauce).
- This sauce can be used as a dip for the fried chicken.
Source: Lekshmi Nair's Magic Oven Recipes