Custom Search

Tuesday 15 April, 2008

Paneer Kheema Korma

Yesterday, I went and bought two litres milk from one of the big shops. When I made tea with it, I did not like the taste of it, so now I had a problem of finishing up this milk. After thinking for a while, thought of making some paneer with it. I made the paneer and kept it under the heaviest of things (my marble chappati stone), but after two hours also the paneer did not become solid and I could not cut small pieces from it. I had a crumbly paneer but the quality of the paneer was good.

I had to make something good out of this. How can I throw this away? Took some ideas from my older post and made my own Panner Kheema Korma.



Ingredients:
  1. 200 gms paneer kheema
  2. 1 medium sized onion cut into small pieces
  3. 5 garlic cloves cut into small pieces
  4. 1 inch ginger cut into small pieces
  5. 1 tblsp tomato puree
  6. 1 tsp. turmeric powder
  7. 1 tsp. chilli powder
  8. 1 tsp. coriander powder
  9. 2 tsp. garam masala
  10. 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  11. 1/2 cup green peas
  12. salt to taste
  13. coriander leaves for garnish
  14. 2 tblsp. oil

Method:

  • In a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil and saute the onion, garlic and ginger until slightly brown.
  • Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute on slow fire for 2 minutes.
  • Add the tomato puree and saute for 1 more minute. Now add the green peas, salt and half a cup of water and let it cook for 5 minutes (until the peas are done and water has evaporated).
  • Now add the paneer kheema and saute for another 2 minutes. Add the plain yogurt at the end and cover and cook.
  • Garnish with coriander leaves.
  • Serve it hot with rotis.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting and mouth watering receipe. Thanks for suggesting a great receipe for me.
I would like to introduce a kerala travel website through this blog. Indian tour planner a travel agent has launched off season packages for kerala. The packages ranges from 4 days to 10 days. visit keralatours.indiantourplanners.com kerala tours to find kerala tour packages.

regards

Arun

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Namaste
Thank you for all your hard work and effort in publishing your wonderful recipes. They are truly appreciated and greatly rewarded when I get a smile and sincere show of appreciation at my dinner table.

Hanna Takala said...

Nice yellow! I bet this is very good.

Malar Gandhi said...

this is so different, nice recipe!

Amod said...

Kerala is one of the most famous tourist attractions of India.Kerala, also popularly known as God's Own Country", is a beautiful state of India. Kerala is globally famous for beaches and backwaters. We are also provide this type of information. plz visit. South India Holiday Packages

onno david said...

This dish looks so beautiful with the colours. I love paneer kheemai really want to eat them. yummy.... I really love how your blog looks! The recipes look good too. I can’t wait to try some of your tips. I really appreciate it. thank you for shearing your post.

Amod said...

Kerala is one of best tourism destination in India. Kerala is famous world over as God's Own Country. Kerala is also best places for holiday, beaches, Backwaters etc. We are also providing these types of information please visit. Kerala Tour Packages and Wildlife Tours India.

Ece projects said...

Delicious dish, looks yummy, can feel the taste...

uno said...

hmmm yummy .. I really like this food looks so delicious .. .. I want to try it

Rajasthan Tour said...

This is a very interesting blog......
Rajasthan Holidays