Custom Search

Wednesday 14 November, 2007

Cauliflower and Potato Masala

This is one of my mother’s recipes. It has a good appetising smell. I remember the days I took this curry with me to my office. My colleagues used to give me their curry and take away mine. They always used to tell me to bring in more of this curry as they loved it a lot.

Ingredients

  1. 1 medium Cauliflower cut into florets
  2. ¼ cup onions sliced
  3. 2 medium potatoes cubed
  4. ½ cup yogurt
  5. 1 tsp sugar
  6. 1 tsp mustard
  7. ¼ cup water

For grinding

  1. 1 medium onion
  2. ¼ bunch coriander leaves
  3. 3 green chillies
  4. 3 tsp fennel seeds (perumjeerakam)
  5. 1 tblsp coriander powder
  6. 1tsp. garam masala
  7. 3 cardamoms
  8. 1 tsp. turmeric
  9. 1 inch ginger
  10. 5 flakes garlic
  11. 2 medium sized tomatoes
  12. 1 tsp. chilli powder
  13. salt to taste
  14. oil

Method

  • Heat a little oil in a kadai or heavy bottomed vessel and put in the cauliflower florets, sliced onions and cubed potatoes and sauté it.
  • In another vessel, heat two table spoons oil, splutter the mustard seeds and then put in the ground masala and let it cook until the oil separates from the masala.
  • Add the yogurt and sugar and mix with the done masala and heat it on low fire for further two minutes.
  • Now add the sautéed vegetables and water and let it cook on low fire until the vegetables are cooked thoroughly.
  • Serve it with chappatis or rice.

No comments: