Yesterday, planned to make some Aloo Paratha for lunch. The reason behind it was laziness to cook another curry, if it was aloo paratha I could give some yogurt or sauce along with it, and children are happy. When I started to make parathas, by filling it with potatoes, it took more time than expected. I began to think of ways and means of making my life easier. The results of my thinking was this.
- 2 cups atta or wheat flour
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potato
- 1 green chilli sliced small
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tblsp. onions cut into small pieces
- Ghee or oil as required
- warm water as required
- salt to taste
- Saute the onions and green chillies. Add the turmeric, garam masala and salt and saute for half a minute more. Now add the mashed potato and mix. Remove from fire and keep it aside.
- When the above mixture is cold, mix the atta, 1 tbsp. oil, warm water and mashed potato and make it into a soft dough. Keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
- Make medium sized balls with the dough. Roll it out into a circular shape of medium thickness.
- Add some oil on the griddle and roast these parathas until done.
- Serve it with plain yogurt, ketchup or curry as per your liking.